Friday, August 15, 2008

Recommended Blog: Swerve

I have been reading Swerve, the blog of Lifechurch.tv’s Craig Groeschel, for over a year now. I highly recommend the blog to you. Although Craig is the main contributor others, like Bobby Gruenewald are frequent contributors. Swerve also showcases many other guest blogs to increase the reader base of a network of next generation leaders who blog. Here is today’s Swerve to give you a taste:

LifeChurch.tv : swerve
Who I’ll Never Be (by Craig Groeschel)
Posted: 14 Aug 2008 05:48 AM CDT


I’ll never be as a great a leader as Bill Hybels.
I’ll never be as deep as John Piper.
I’ll never be as smart as Mark Driscoll.
I’ll never be as creative as Ed Young.
I’ll never be as passionate as Steven Furtick.
I’ll never be as funny as Perry Noble.
I’ll never write like Erwin McManus.
I’ll never preach on one point as amazingly as Andy Stanley.
I’ll never have as big of arms as Bishop Eddie Long.
I’ll never be as Purpose Driven as Rick Warren.
I’ll never be as positive as Joel Osteen.

Thankfully, I’m not called by God to be any of those people!
And neither are you!

Although I can’t be them, God has created me with the ability to:
§ Cast a compelling vision and move people radically toward Christ.
§ Recognize talent and gifts in people most overlook.
§ Reach people for Christ who are far from God.
What are the top three gifts/talents/abilities God has given you?

All I can say is that's something to really think about!

0 comments: