Friday, July 18, 2008

I am gorgeous on the inside

Today as I was driving to work something caught my eye. It's funny because I drive the same way to work everyday and pass by the same houses everyday. But today was different. As I drove by I noticed one of the houses had a realitor sign in the yard. And it was the phrase at the top of the sign that caught my attention. The sign read:


"I am gorgeous on the inside."

Curb appeal has value. No one wants to check out the inside without seeing an adequate outside. But how many house boast a beautiful outside only to have a shabby inside.

1 Samuel 16:7 claims that man looks at the outside, but the LORD looks at the heart. Man will praise you if everyhting on the outside looks good...if you have curb appeal. However, what happens when the inside of our lives becomes shabby and unattended.

I want to be the kind of person that boasts a sign that says, "I am gorgeous on the inside." I desire to have Jesus Christ clean me up form the inside out, so that my curb appeal matched the beautiful work God is doing on the inside.

Ask yourself, "Am I only working on the outside, curb appeal part of my life?" What do you need to do today...what do you need to push aside...to allow God to begin making you gorgeous on the inside. Think about it!

0 comments: