Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Featured Blogger: Steve Furtick

Every once in a while you come across a blog that speaks right to you. I am talking in your face, challenging stuff. There a few of those for me and one of them is the blog of Steve Furtick, lead pastor of Elevation Church. Here is yesterdays blog. It is well worth taking some time to think about:


I used to hate to be confused…November 11th, 2008

Lately I’m learning to love the feeling.When I’m confused about something, it’s:
an opportunity to lean not on my own understanding:

a portal to a deeper understanding of the character of God
a precursor to greater faith
a great occasion to humble myself and seek the wisdom of others
a sign that my God is elevating me to another level, and my current mindset isn’t
adequate for the place God wants to take me next
a birthplace for innovative and breakthrough concepts

You can either avoid confusion because it makes you feel vulnerable-and miss the chance to upgrade your paradigm-Or lean into your confusion, admitting you don’t have the answers, and watch God expand your thinking and grow your soul.

0 comments: