Monday, April 14, 2008

Great Monday!



Mondays are awesome after great Sundays at church. We are currently in a series called Coach: Inspiration from the top. Check out our trailer above.

To add some crazy energy to the normal flow of a service, me and two other pastors competed in a Slam Dunk Contest with each other. Let's just say, God did not create me to play sports. I mean, I choose Baylor to go all the way in the college championship. Hhhhmmmm...

So here we are in front of thousands of screaming fans...well maybe more like about 6 or 700 hundred people in each of our Sunday morning services. As pumped as I was, I choked. I end up in the first servcie almost hitting the pole of the goal head on, and in the second service, I try to do this massive long air Jordan dunk. Not only as it ungraceful, I came down sideways on my ankle. I spent the rest of the aternoon taking meds and icing my injury. My wife looks at me and says, "Just one more reason you don't need to play sports."

She is so right. God has gifted me with a mind that is always seeking knowledge and a passion to study culture. I was not created to excel at sports. That is why I try to excel at what God HAS gifted me to do. Where are you spending your energies? Are you spending time focusing on what you are not gifted at or are you spending time focusing on enhancing the gifts that come natural. Think about it...

0 comments: