Saturday, April 5, 2008

You just never know...

Sorry I missed the blog yesterday. I had the honor of running Aaron Shust, Brandon Heath, and Meredith Andrews around T-Town. They held a concert at The Assembly at Broken Arrow. It was a great night. But this leads me into the statment that you never know why something happens the way it does until all the pieces fall into place in the end. Here is what I mean...

Meredith is new to the touring scene and I found out that we had something in common. She is the worship leader for James McDonald, pastor of Harvest Bible Chapel in Rolling Meadows, IL. While living outside of Shy Town and doing innercity-style youth ministry about four years ago, I heard James McDonald on Moody Radio. He has a program called Walk in the Word. Since then I have listened to the broadcast or podcast on a weekly basis. Even more than that, years ago I began pattering my preaching and teaching style around the ways and manners I have heard Pastor James speak. Meredith told me how cool it was to work with him and the church...I just thought it was cool to meet someone on staff of a church that has influenced me and doesn't even know it. Pastor James, keep on doing your thing and Meredith, thanks for making conversation with me...my God continue to increase your territory!

Although it makes for a long day running people around where they need to go, it was worth it in the end. I made a new friend, God reminded me of my call to be a servant, and I met a staffer of Harvest Bible Fellowship. What a rockin' cool day it was. Oh, and Meredith. If you happen to read this blog, thanks for signing the CD for my niece's birthday. You are going to make her day special!

So, who has God put in your path lately? Maybe it is not someone as famous as Aaron Shust or Meredith Andrews, but God put them in your path for a purpose. Don't miss that purpose for anything. You never know what God is doing until all the pieces fall together in the end. Think about it...

0 comments: