Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tim Steven's Blog and Book

Each week I try to talk about a great blog I come across or read regularly. Tim Steven's is a pastor at Granger Community Church. His blog Leading Smart is one I read almost daily.


On top of that, he has just published a book, Pop Goes the Church: Should the Church Engage Culture? I am almost done wth the entire book and I have to say that I have enjoyed it. Not only does Tim give great background and examples of how his and other churches are effectively engaging culture, he also spends time explaining the theological and biblical ideas that drive him to do and believe what he does.


Kudos to Tim and Granger Community Church for loving God enough to take some risks and reach people who have never been reached before.

So my though for the day is not only to urge you to check out Tim Stevens blog and book, but to ask yourself, "When was the last time you effectively engaged culture for God's glory?" Think about it...

0 comments: